Wednesday 7 July 2010

Local Breakfast



I'm a woman of habit, and one of them is eating bread and jam with a glass of milk for breakfast. This week I'm eating my local bread with fresh peach jam (unfortunately the sugar isn't local - but what can we do about that?) and fresh goat milk. This morning I varied my practice a bit and made myself an eggnog. Food safety experts will tell you that it is not safe to consume raw eggs due to the risk of salmonella, and indeed, I would NOT consume raw eggs from commercial sources nor recommend it to others. But these raw eggs are from my chickens that I know and love. I even know which one is the early riser and which one takes the longest to get going in the morning (that's Margaret, pictured above when she was a bit younger). So, I guzzle eggnog without fear.

1 comment:

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

Carol

Wish I could have chickens, but my husband said where we live would be a problem. How lucky you are!!

Best
Tracy :)