Thursday 5 August 2010

The Silence of the Clams




Sometimes in the summer we travel. This time it was to family on Puget Sound. But we ate local - really local! Attached are pictures of the clams we dug and then ate. I can't tell you where we dug them (it was a beautiful and remote sandy beach in south Puget Sound), and I don't know how to clean them - my brother in law did all that. But I can tell you that once the clams were clean and cut into pieces, they were incredibly delicious and tender when dipped in bread crumbs and fried for a very short couple of minutes in butter. Sprinkle liberally with lemon juice before eating. After my extended family gobbled these down for dinner, we sat around the fire, quiet, contemplating the bounty of the sea. We called it "The Silence of the Clams."

No comments: