Saturday 22 August 2009

French-style local breakfast



This could be a picture taken in France, but notice the milk from Spokane Family Farms! Local milk!

I made the peach jam myself from peaches I bought at the market a few weeks ago, from the Columbia Valley. I'll be teaching a class on how to make jam, in September. If you want to come please register through Moscow Parks and Rec department.

And the bread, is multigrain, from Moscow's own Panhandle Artisan Bread. They use Shepherd's Grain flour, grown and processed right here in the Inland Northwest. I'm addicted - two loaves a week, without fail.

The Inka that's lurking in my cup, pretending to be coffee, came from Eastern Europe. It's one of the exceptions to my local diet, because I just can't do without Inka. Luckily it weighs very little, so the shipping is fairly carbon-light.

2 comments:

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

Carol
Good luck with your class! It would be nice if you could post your class notes on your blog. I have always wanted to learn how to make jam but..... I also love your mug and where can you buy Inka in the states?
Tracy :)

Carol Price Spurling said...

Inka is most likely available at food co-ops and natural food stores but ask for it at any grocery store. Similar brands are available. The old-fashioned stuff that used to be available was called Postum.